Links

Sunday 5 January 2014

by Greg Norman


Nelson Mandela 

Description:

This sculpture of Nelson Mandela is almost life size. It was created as a tribute to the great Madiba!

The original work is currently for sale.At the present time, originals are not offered for sale through the Fine Art America secure checkout system. Please contact the artist directly to inquire about purchasing this original by clicking on the picture link below.

Please Click On The Picture Link Below For More Information:




Portraits

Likeness is the essential element of portraiture, although today, portraiture encompasses so much more than facial structure and accurate depiction. The interpretive elements of modern portraiture transcend the discipline and genre, with modern portraiture straddling the territory of figure studies, illustration and general human expression.

I did this first portrait of Nelson Mandela as a tribute to the great man in 2009. I chose him because I knew that most portraits carry a resemblence of the person as opposed to being an accurate depiction and likeness of the individual.


Nelson Mandela is so well known that I wanted to use his image to prove to myself and anyone entrusting me with a commission of a piece of portratiute, that absolute accuracy, likeness and expression are qualities that sit inside my wheelhouse of capability.

No comments:

Post a Comment