Links

Saturday 14 December 2013

by Karen Buford



Nelson Mandela

Description:

Digital art collage tribitue to Nelson "Madiba" Mandela with images showing him as a young man organizing workers, his jail cell on Robbin Island, South Africa and his trimuphant return to become the first democratically elected president. Includes inspiring words by Mandela and the South African flag.

This original work is currently for sale.At the present time, originals are not offered for sale through the Fine Art America secure checkout system. Please contact the artist directly to inquire about purchasing this original by clicking on the picture link below.





Please Click On the Picture Link Above For More Information

About Karen

I started drawing as a young child. I was encouraged by my parents to explore my creativity, and given unusual toys for my age. While my friends received dolls as gifts I was given the dolls and a miniature sewing machine that really sewed things together. I had more coloring books and crayons than everyone else. I continued to study art and was able to attend a special program in high school where I learned commercial and fine art skills. In high school I was inspired by the surrealists and impressionist. I loved Magritte, Dali, Van Gogh and Monet. I wanted to learn how to paint like them. I managed to create images in a surrealistic style more than actually learning any real painting techniques. During that time I earned my first $50 designing a logo for a friend's business card.

I started in college and began learning about the art of different cultures. I became fascinated by Egyptian and African art. At college I learned various art making techniques, including finally some painting that was approximate to Impressionism. By that time I had also discovered the great American modern artist like Pollack, Warhol, Harding.

After college I dived into the world of art and started exhibiting on a local level. I was well received by the art papers and magazines, but I decided to share my talents with others by teaching. So, as I continued to develop my drawing, collage, African, African-American art, and acrylic painting, I also teach students how to express themselves. Now my art is in transition. I am starting to explore digital art and how to mix traditional and digital together into something new for me. I still have all these artistic influences plus works of new digital artists. I am very excited to see how all this mixes up and shake out. Stay tuned to see what develops! In the meantime enjoy some new postings of artworks!




No comments:

Post a Comment